Hello Beauties. I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Today I am going to bare all with you and show before and after makeup photos. I hope you will find some inspiration in this post and maybe a new trick on how to enhance your beauty 🙂
Let me start by telling you a bit about myself. I am 42 a mother of 5 and a grandmother of 5. I have always been intrigued with makeup and how the application can transform and enhance beauty. My journey is a continual learning process and I love to experiment and think outside the box.
I enjoy sharing beauty experiences with people and when I stumble across a new product (one that I haven’t tried) I love to tell people about it. I focus strongly on skincare. Healthy skin is the key to beautiful makeup application. Keep your skin moisturized!!! Moisturized skin is supple and allows you to apply foundation smoothly.
Before applying your foundation I have found that using a primer helps smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps your foundation stay in place.
I have used every way imaginable to apply foundation. Here are the three ways I apply foundation:
- Fingertip-Yes I use my fingertips…the important thing to remember with this application is to make sure you have washed your hands before application. You do not want to transfer bacteria from your fingers to your facial skin.
- Brush-I sometimes use a brush to apply foundation. This is not my favorite way of applying foundation but it is effective. To ensure even and smooth application watch how you are applying. I have found that applying in small circular motion helps keep the foundation smooth and even.
- Sponge-This is my favorite way to apply foundation. In the past I would fill the sponge with foundation and apply by rubbing all over my face…yeah it was affect but there is such a better way. Now I apply a small amount of foundation on the sponge and start at the T zone and dab. The dab application leaves a smooth and beautiful coverage.
Note if you are using liquid highlighter and/or contour apply before you apply foundation. Again using the sponge application makes foundation so much easier when you have applied liquid highlight and contour. If you are using a powder highlight and contour or no highlight and contour than use the sponge and dab foundation on skin and continue dabbing until you have covered your facial skin and it is even and smooth.
Remember to set your foundation. I use a loose translucent powder to set my foundation. I have found that if you use a colored powder it takes away from the foundation itself. If your foundation is a bit too light you can use a bronzer to add a bit more color. If your foundation is a bit too dark you can use a lighter powder, but that doesn’t always help.
Highlight and Contour. First you will want to know what face shape you have.
- Oval- Face gracefully tapers toward chin, wider forehead and prominent cheekbones.
- Long-Face gracefully tapers toward chin, elongated feature from forehead to chin and some have prominent chin.
- Round-Face width and length almost the same and widest at the cheeks.
- Square-Forehead, cheekbones and jawline almost the width and square and bony jawline is prominent feature.
- Heart-Face strongly taper toward chin, chin tend to be pointy and forehead maybe a prominent feature.
- Diamond-Face highly angular and somewhat bony and widest at temples.
- Rectangle-The width of your hairline and jawline are about even and your face is longer than it is wide.
What face shape are you?
How to highlight and contour for your face shape. It is important to highlight and contour properly to enhance your facial structure. Contouring will help add depth, slimming qualities and enhance your bone structure,:while Highlighting will add a glow and bringing life to your face.
The dark areas are for contour and light areas for highlight.
After I have applied your highlight and contour I add blush just above the contouring on the cheeks and the apples of the cheeks. To add to the apples of the cheeks the easiest way is by smiling. It is always nice to give yourself a smile because it is an excellent facial exercise and will also give you a boost of confidence 🙂
Next I focus on my eyes. I absolutely love the eyes, there are so many looks you can use to enhance the beauty of your eyes. From a natural look to a bold and colorful eye look. The key is do what you are comfortable with. It is so important for you to apply your makeup in a way that makes you feel comfortable. I like bold and vivid and bright, so that is how i apply my makeup.
I like to use false lashes due to the fact I do not have long lushes lashes. Check out my blog post Lash not the Question for tips on how to apply.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. If you have any questions or have a tip leave a comment. Let’s keep in touch follow me on Instagram.